Prince of Wales Suite
The Churchill Hotel's grandest bedroom, named after the Prince of Wales (His Majesty King Edward VII) who stayed in this room on a visit to York in July 1898.
The room is fantastically situated in the Georgian bay window of the mansion, on the first floor, overlooking the front lawn.
High ceilings, magnificent bay windows, the period half tester bed and wardrobe are contrasted with Kartell lamps and chairs, LCD televisions, a modern bespoke sofa and a magnificent copper and tin bath.
Period half-tester double bed.
A fully tiled wet room with walk in shower. In the bedroom there is also a free-standing copper and tin bath. The Duck Island toiletries are upgraded and fluffy towels, bath sheets and bathrobes are provided.
- Seating area with sofa and armchairs.
- Work desk with lamp.
- Dining table for two.
- Console table and chair.
- Flat screen TV's with digital channels.
- Free internet access, both Wifi and a fax/modem plug in.
- Direct dial telephone.
- Iron and ironing board.
- Tea and coffee making facilities plus mineral water and 'Churchill Hotel' chocolates.
Parking is charged at a rate of £10 per night. Parking is available from 2pm on your day of arrival and the car park should be vacated by 11am on your day of departure.
- 24 hour room service, restaurant meals can be served to the dining table in this bedroom.
- Daily Housekeeping.
- Wake up calls.
- Newspapers delivered to your bedroom door.
- Assistance with your luggage.
- All bedrooms are non-smoking.